Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Election

Well, everyone seems to be talking about this subject, so here it goes. I'm for Obama. He seems to have it together more than McCain.

I like his view on gay marriage. He says that he personally believes that "marriage is between a man and a woman" but also says that "equality is a moral imperative" for gay and lesbian Americans and promotes civil unions. McCain says marriage should be between a man and a woman and should be regulated by the states. He sounds very confused on the subject because he also opposed a ban on gay marriage. Who am I to judge though. I'm just a thirteen year-old girl.

Abortion is a bit tricky. I kind of like McCain's views better by a little bit, but not by much, so I'm pretty neutral there.

Death penalty, Education I'm fine with both.

In the Environment issue they both have good intentions, but I think Obama has a plan that would do more good than McCain's.

I'm with Obama on Health Care.

Immigration is a bit tricky, so I'll skip it.

I'm definitely against the war and McCain is definitely is for it, so that's simple. I like Obama's plan to gradually get the troops out of Iraq.

On poverty, again they both have good views, but Obama's actually the one doing something about it.

I don't know a thing about stem-cell research and the good things and bad things about it, so I'm not going to make a decision about it.

So overall I support Obama, but if McCain wins I won't be really mad (except maybe about the war). And plus Obama has a daughter named Sasha. You gotta love a person with a daughter named Sasha (IJFTW!). Please feel free to disagree! We're all entitled to our own opinions!

And I'm not even getting into the vp's here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fiona-

This is so cool!

Anonymous said...

Wow Fiona! 8D I started Nanowrimo today ^^ BE MY WRITING BUDDY BC

Captain Kirk BABY!